Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm back!

Wow, I haven't posted in so long! I missed the whole month of October. It was an extremely busy month with lots of homework, a visit back home, and a visit here from my family.

The visit from my family was absolutely wonderful. We did lots of sightseeing, which I never have the time to do by myself, and we ate lots of amazing food!

On Friday of their visit we went to Domilisce's-- this little po-boy shop that the Manning brothers used to go to when they were children. They had pictures behind the counter of the Manning boys throughout their career and one of the owners even gave dad a picture of Eli and Payton. I'm pretty sure it was one of Dad's best experiences that weekend. Friday night we went to a jazz club and got to see Ellis Marsalis perform with his quartet. My parents went back to my apartment following the show and Rachel and I met up with some of my friends on Bourbon. We had a really great time! Lots of dancing, some karaoke (not by us!), and hanging out. I think Rachel got the true Bourbon experience!

Saturday was dedicated to walking the French Quarter, visiting the awesome Audubon Aquarium, and eating beignets. That night we went to dinner at Palace Cafe and had wonderful food, yet again! (I think we all dieted after that weekend.) After dinner there was a Halloween parade and we got beads from the floats... we even persuaded my Dad to wear beads in public. I don't think any of us expected my mom to be so competitive about the beads--but she was a pro! :) After the parade we went to Harrah's Casino and Rachel learned an important lesson on the slots. Walk away when you are ahead. Consequently, we all learned an important lesson about Rachel that night. She has no self control. She also has no money, so the loss wasn't that big. :) It was such an amazing weekend that I can't wait for them to come back and visit soon!!

With mid-terms over I'm going to post more! Hope all is well up north!

No comments:

Post a Comment