Classes are going really well. I have 2 exams next Tuesday though. One is for my Public Health in Developing Nations course (not too nervous about that test...) and the other is for the Biological Basis of Disease. The disease one might kill me. DNA, RNA, Immunology, Organelles... all basic bio 101 things that, somehow, never manage to stick in my mind longer than 10 seconds.
Work is still great. Don't know if I've mentioned that, but I have a job working in the office in my department. It's pretty basic, but I've gotten to meet a few professors and a few friends too. I fill the copier with paper, answer the phone, email prospective students, and greet people as they walk in the door. Essentially.... not very much. :) But, it pays and I'm a poor grad student!
The best part of today, by far, was booking Rachel's plane ticket to come visit me in October! My parents are coming down too and I can't wait to have them all here. They are all going to stay in my apartment (it will be tight!) but it will be so much fun! I miss them all so much. I've started planning restaurants and activities and all of those other things that my grad school budget doesn't include but that I can't wait to do!
Off to bed... another long day of classes and studying tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment